BlackBerry Z 10 launched at above 43k made it a tough buy. But after the staggering price cut, at about 17.5k currently it’s one of the best budget buys! Probably the sexiest looking smartphone Sleek,stylish Spec look fabulous: 1.5 ghz snapdragon dual core, 2GB Ram, 8MP +2 MP camera etc at a price worth lusting for. Double it up with secure BlackBerry 10 OS with decent amount of apps The most striking feature is the support for .apk files So android apps (3rd party of course since no Google play and services) can be installed. Since m using the phone myself since over a month, I’d add that ANDROID INTERNET DEPENDANT APPS DONT WORK ON CELLULAR INTERNET CONNECTION. THEY ONLY WORK ON WIFI.
Gaming is good on the device. Graphics are crisp thanks to the high resolution though not a full hd screen. The device tends to heat up though, sadly ruining the experience. Camera is an average 8MP shutter which gives decent images in sunlight. However in dark the camera struggles and gives below par images at times. Front camera is okay, good for selfish and video calls. The phone calling,internet,messaging and of course BBM is flawless. The phone doesnt hang too, thanks to the ample amount of Ram. Multimedia looks good. Speakers are moderately loud and clear playback os assured. On 3g the phone lasts for around 5-6 hours on normal usage and 10 hours on 2g on moderate to high usage. But one can always keep an extra battery since it has a removable one (unlike most other flagships) The OS looks stunning and refreshing. It is gesture based upto some extent but easy to learn and handle Security is one of the best pros in using a BlackBerry. The hub integration is amazing. Also, the new picture screen lock is one of the most innovative and safest technique by far according to me. Also,owning a BlackBerry gives a sense of pride, which no android phone can replicate. Probably the best phone at this price Point Pros: BlackBerry OS Android app support Screen quality Gesture based UI Brand Value Cons : Camera to some extent Lack of native BlackBerry apps Heating problems Overall the phone is a sure head turner. And a tough to neglect buy at this new price point
- Smooth scrolling between apps. The finger gesture is pretty convenient as compared to other smartphone.
- The typing on blackberry keyboard us fastest as compared to others. The key spacing and word suggestions popping on keypad makes its so easy to type.
- Cell reception is stronger in blackberry. I get one or two bars extra on blackberry than other smartphones with same carrier.
- Security software in Blackberry works superb well and keep your business safe.
- My personal view on usability, using BlackBerry in hands is like the phone wants u to use it so well placed in hands